Our philosophy is that each player is encouraged to realize his/her full potential. The camp is uniquely designed for players of all ages and any skill level. Players starting out will learn the basic skills. For more experienced players the training will be more intricate with an emphasis on foot skills. Daily scrimmages will take place for all ages levels focusing on game strategy. The camp will teach travel and future travel players to improve their skills, and help them understand the team concept in a competitive environment that makes their learning experience fun.
- Fundamental Skills: Shooting, Passing, Heading, Dribbling, Trapping, Crossing
- Players do technical work under pressure of an opponent
- Proper tactical decision making is stressed in both training and game environments
- Refining technique and exposure to the tactical aspects of the game
- Both small sided and full sided games will be played
- Scrimmage matches daily
Daily goalkeeper training sessions for campers looking to become goalkeepers or those who play goalie and want to further develop their keeper skills.
FC Somers Boys Training Coordinator
FC Somers Coach and Trainer
Ed Polchinski, Yorktown HS Varsity Boys Coach
Amanda Popoli, Lehman College Women’s Head Coach, ODP Coach
Brian Lanzetta, Somers HS Varsity Alumni
Rob Carreira, Somers HS Varsity Alumni
An age based award ceremony will be held at the end of each camp featuring awards for Most Valuable Player, Most Improved Player and Coaches’ Award.
Each camper will receive a individualized evaluation based on the following criteria:
- Technical: Dribbling, Passing, Heading, Shooting, Ball Control, Tackling
- Tactical: Communication, Movement with and without the ball, Offensive and Defensive Positioning, Reading the Game
- Mental: Workrate, Leadership, Aggressiveness, Gamesmanship
- Physical: Speed, Endurance, Strength, Quickness, Balance, Agility
Team Discount 10% camper discount for 10 members or more of the same team attending the same camp session. Rate per camper: $225. For discount to be valid completed forms for each camper, checks and “official” team roster with highlighted players names must be received by mail to FC Somers, 108 Village Square, Suite 302, Somers, NY 10589. There are no exceptions regarding the team discount criteria, so don’t ask!
Sibling Discount Two siblings attend at full price, third gets 10% discount attending. All siblings must attend the same camp week for the discount to apply. Discount not available online, download registration form and pay by check. Discount only applies to siblings and not cousins, etc.
What to Bring Water bottles, Lunch, Sunscreen, Cleats, Shinguards
Late Registration Fee After June 1 – $25
Questions? Contact Camp Coordinator