Very important:- please see notes below regarding the usage of the fields, abbreviations for fields, requests for more space, and important guidelines and SHS blackout days affecting practice.
- FC Somers and all SYSO sports use the fields at the pleasure of SYSO, Town of Somers Parks & Recreation and Somers Central School District. Use can be restricted if sports fail to uphold the schedules, allocations, and rules of the facilities. Please be respectful of the equipment, fields and ensure that all garbage is tidied up after use.
- Soccer fields are shared with AYSO, the allocation of practice slots have taken into account any AYSO practice allocations.
- All portable goals must be removed from fields and locked up by the last team leaving the field – no excuses. You will know if you are last by checking the schedule. You must weight portable goals with sandbags prior to use.
- If using SHS Turf fields do not anchor any equipment with spikes (use sandbags). Use of spiked corner flags, training poles, or goal anchors is forbidden.
- If you need to switch a practice to another day/time consult the practice schedule (above), and the time that we have access to each field (below) before suggesting the change and getting approval. Do not go to any field with out clearing it with Frank Riina (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Helen Brady (email@example.com) prior.
- To reduce overuse damage to grass fields please practice and set up portable goals in a different location on the field each week. If possible, practice outside the field of play also. Parents should not set up chairs on the field of play.
- Report any broken or missing equipment (inc. sandbags), and field damage (grubs, excessive wear) etc to Frank Riina (firstname.lastname@example.org).
URL (R7): Upper Reis Left – this field is NOT available for practice during the week as it is allocated to Mens Softball. If the field is idle and no softball teams arrive it can be used temporarily, however if a softball team arrives under no circumstances are you to negotiate to stay – you must leave the field.
URR (R5): Upper Reis Right – this field is only available for practice from 4pm-6pm weekly. After 6pm it is allocated to softball or baseball. If the field is idle and no softball or baseball teams arrive it can be used temporarily after 6pm, however if teams do arrive under no circumstances are you to negotiate to stay – you must leave the field.
URC (R6) : Upper Reis Center – this field is available for practice from 4pm – dark week nights. Please avoid using the goal area nearest the car park during practice to reduce wear.
Van Tassel (VT2): this field is available for practice from 4pm – dark week nights. Please avoid using the goal area nearest the car park during practice to reduce wear.
SHS 1 : Stadium Turf – we do not have access to this field in the spring.
SHS 2 : Multi-use Turf – this field is available for practice between the hours of 6:00pm – dark. Teams cannot take the field until Somers High School teams have completed their practice, keep in mind that occasionally varsity practice can run until 6:30pm, if that is the case warm-up adjacent to the field.
Spring Blackout dates affecting practice days:
- 4/19 (Tuesday) – SHS Turf 2 not available – lacrosse will have the field as we have scheduled a game on Turf 1
- 5/5 (Thursday) – URR not available from 5:15pm – 6:45pm – game schedule
- 5/6 & 5/7 ( Friday & Saturday) – SHS not available – Lions Track Meet